We respect the privacy of our users to the fullest:
- Chat contents is considered confidential and will never be sold or given away to third parties for commercial purposes.
- Email addresses are used only once each time they are entered and only for the purpose of sending out email invitations for a chat.
- Chat rooms are considered private and are not monitored by moderators.
What information is collected and why?
In addition to information required for the functioning of the system, Chatzy saves information such as time of day, browser type and browser language with every chat. This allows us to track the number of users and their characteristics in order to improve our service.
IP addresses are recorded for the purpose of preventing misconduct in the chatrooms or other cases of misuse, such as the sending out of chat invitations without the intension to chat with the recipients.
With whom do we share information?
As mentioned, chat contents is considered confidential and will never be sold or given away to third parties for commercial purposes.
Likewise, information about individual chat users, such as IP address, email address, number of visits, etc. is only used for inhouse analysis.
We do NOT disclose IP addresses to private users who have been offended in the chatrooms.
If, however, we are contacted by the police or similar authorities acting upon the request of users who have been deliberately harassed by threats or insults in the chat rooms or in email invitations, we may let them know the IP address(es) of the responsible user(s). This also applies if the chatroom has been used to promote criminal activity of any kind.
Third-party login (Facebook)
If you have a Facebook account, you can use it to log into Chatzy. The following information from Facebook is stored in your Chatzy profile:
- Your email address, which is used as your normal account ID.
- Your real name and Facebook profile address, which may be added to the visitor list in rooms you enter.
We do not read any additional information about you or your friends.
Furthermore, we do not interact with your Facebook account, i.e. we cannot and we will not post anything about Chatzy or your use of Chatzy on Facebook.